The white dead flake of skin that fall from the scalp of the head is Dandruff. The dermatological cause of dandruff is repetitive exposure to varying temperature. Dandruff causes itching, irritation on Head.
Natural Remedy for Dandruff
- The Natural remedy is yogurt is used as a conditioner each and every time you wash your hair. Many methods are there.
- Soak Fenugreek seeds for 1hr and grind with yogurt and apply over the scalp as a pack. Wait for an hour and wash with water without applying any shampoo.
- Mix two tablespoons of vinegar in the yogurt and massage in scalp for 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing with water. And Wash the yogurt using black tea mixed in Luke warm water.
- Take fresh lemon juice and apply it on the scalp using cotton and wait for 15 minutes.
Baby oil / Coconut Oil:
- Mix and Apply oil on scalp overnight and washing it with baby shampoo.
- Beat the white portion of the egg in water. Massage on wet hair using this mixture rinse it with shampoo.
Green Gram Powder:
- Wash your hair twice a week with 2 tablespoons of the powder mixed with curd.
Medicated Remedy for Dandruff
- Use a medicated anti dandruff shampoo like K z every alternate day for at least two weeks.
- You can use sulfur or salicylic acid to massage the scalp for five minutes before washing the hair with normal water.
- Prescription lotions can be rubbed on the scalp daily for more than five minutes before bedtime. The lotion must be washed away thoroughly the next morning.
Some habits that will stop the spreading the problem and reduces the chance of infections.
- Use your own comb and towels; do not share the comb or towel with anyone. Dandruff is contagious and spreads faster.
- Weekly wash your comb with anti dandruff shampoo and rinse with anti bacterial liquid like Dettol.
- Wash your towels on daily basis.
- Hair should always be free from oil and dust.
- Use separate Pillows and covers. And rinse the covers with anti bacterial liquid like Dettol.
- Do not keep your hair wet for long. Dandruff grows faster on wet scalp.