As the name suggests it’s so precious and is available in different colours. Some requires specific care and cleaning procedures but some really don’t require so. There are some general care and cleaning rules, which apply to all coloured gemstone jewellery.
Many natural gemstones are treated or enhanced from the time they are extracted from the earth by one or more traditionally accepted jewellery industry practices. These treatments and enhancements can affect how you should clean and care for your coloured gemstone jewellery.
- After wearing, wipe your precious gemstone jewellery thoroughly with a clean, soft, slightly damp cloth. This will enhance the gemstone’s lustre and ensure that it is clean before storage.
- Store the gemstones individually in soft pouches to avoid scratches on gemstones.
- Never expose your precious gemstone pieces to salt water or harsh chemicals, such as chlorine or detergents. These chemicals may slowly erode the finish and polish of gemstones.
- Hair spray, perfume and perspiration may cause jewellery to become dull. Apply all cosmetics, perfumes and colognes before putting on Precious stones.
- Always store your jewellery in a soft pouch or felt lined box after wiping with a clean, soft, damp cloth. This will enhance the shine and assure that your jewellery is clean before being stored.