Yummy rava upma is one of the delectable upma recipes with semolina as main ingredient. The rava or sooji are roasted and cooked with onion, mustard seed, curry leaves, lime juice and garnished with coriander leaves. Rava Upma is an excellent and yummy breakfast item.
Semolina (rava)– 1 cup
Mustard Seeds- 1tsp
Urid Dal – 1tsp
Channa Dal – 1tsp
Cashew nuts – 4-5 nos
Curry Leaves – 4-5 nos
Ginger – ¼ tsp (crushed)
Onions – ½ cup (Finely chopped)
Tomatoes – ¼ cup (Finely Chopped)
Green chillies – 2 nos (Finely Chopped)
Mixed vegetables – ¼ cup (finely chopped)
Boiled green peas – ¼ cup
Salt to taste
Water – 1 to 2 cups
Oil – 1 to 2 tbsp
Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Fry the rava in kadai without oil for a minute. Keep it aside.
- Put oil in kadai. Temper mustard seeds.
- Once it splutters add all the dals, cashew nuts, ginger and curry leaves one by one.
- Add onions and fry till golden brown.
- Now add chopped green chillies and tomatoes and fry well.
- Now add the vegetables and peas.
- Now add fried rava to it slowly and Mix well with the vegetables.
- Now add 1 or 2 cups of boiled water to it. And add salt and mix well.
- Stir well without taking hand so as to prevent forming lumps.
- Simmer the stove and close with a lid and let it boil for a minute. Stir well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.