- Green chilly – 6-8 nos
- Vegetables – 1 cup ( brinjal, drum stick, lady’s finger)
- Pepper – 1 tsp
- Dry chilly- 5-6 nos
- Ginger – 1 small pc
- Gingelly oil- 3 tbsp
- Mixed Vegetables- 1 cup (Potato, drum stick, cluster beans, brinjal, lady’s finger, carrot)
- Hing – 1pinch
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder a pinch
To make powder
- Methi seeds – ½ tsp
- Rice – 1 tsp
- Tur Dal -1 tsp
- Moong dal -1tsp
- Channa dal – 1 tsp
- Coriander seeds– 1 tsp
Dry roast each one separately and grind together can be stored and used whenever necessary.
- Fenugreek – ½ tsp
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Curry Leaves- 1 string
- Red Chilly – 8 no (make it two pcs)
- Green chili- 6 no (split)
- Cilantro/ coriander-1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- In a Kadai, add Oil and the seasonings one by one allow it to splutter.
- Add the vegetables and green chillies and fry till raw smell is gone.
- Meanwhile make a thick paste of tamarind with water.
- Add half the tamarind paste, turmeric powder, salt and ground powder.
- Close the kadai with the lid, wait till the gravy is cooked.
- Now add the balance tamarind mixture and rice flour paste to the gravy to make the gravy thicker. Now switch off the stove.
Serve hot and garnish with cilantro.