- Green chilies– 8-10 nos( split at the center)
- Tamarind – 1 small size ( New tmrd lemon size)
- Gingelly oil– 3 tbsp
- Jaggery – small pc
- Salt to taste
- Rice flour paste – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder a pinch
Make dry powder
- Fenugreek – ½ tsp
- Hing – ½ tsp
- Cilantro/ coriander-1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- In a Kadai, add Oil and the seasonings one by one allow it to splutter.
- Add the chillies and fry till raw smell is gone.
- Meanwhile make a thick paste of tamarind with water.
- Add half the tamarind paste, turmeric powder, salt and hing-fenugreek mixture.
- Close the kadai with the lid, wait till the gravy is cooked.
- Now add the balance tamarind mixture and rice flour paste to the gravy to make the gravy thicker. Now switch off the stove.
Serve hot and garnish with cilantro.