- Brinjal – 100gms
- Onion -1 nos ( cut thin slices)
- Tamarind – 1 small pcs ( New tmrd lemon size)
- Gingelly oil– 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder a pinch
For Dry powder:
Roast the each one separately and powder it.
For Masala paste
- Cloves – 6
- Elaichi – 6
- Poppy seeds – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon stick – ½ “ – ¾ “stick
- Coconut – 1 nos
- Gingelly oil- ½ tbsp
Fry and ground the masala into thick paste using water
- Tur Dal -1 tsp
- Fenugreek – ½ tsp
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Curry Leaves– 1 string
- Red Chilly – 10 no (make it two pcs)
- Cilantro/ coriander-1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- In a Kadai, add Oil and seasonings one by one allow it to splutter.
- Add the onion and brinjal. Fry till raw smell is gone.
- Meanwhile make a paste of tamarind with 2 glass of water.
- Add the masala paste to the fried vegetables, tamarind water, turmeric powder, salt and hing.
- Close the kadai with the lid, wait till the gravy reduce to half.
- Now mix rice flour in ½ glass of water and add the flour paste and ground powder to the gravy make it thicker. Now switch off the stove.
Serve hot and garnish with cilantro.