- Simple Kuzhambhu
- Tamarind – 1 small pcs ( New tmrd lemon size)
- Gingelly oil– 3 tbsp
- Sambar Powder-2 ½ tsp
- Sun dried Vegetables- 1 cup (Manathakali, Bitter guard, turkey berry)
- Hing – 1pinch
- Salt to taste
- Rice flour -1tsp
- Turmeric powder a pinch
- Tur Dal -1 tsp
- Fenugreek – ½ tsp
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Curry Leaves– 1 string
- Red Chilly – 10 no (make it two pcs)
- Cilantro/ coriander-1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- In a Kadai, add the Oil, and add the seasonings one by one allow it to splutter.
- Add the sun dried vegetables and fry till raw smell is gone.
- Meanwhile make a paste of tamarind with 2 glass of water.
- Add sambar powder to the vegetables and add the tamarind water, turmeric powder, salt and hing.
- Close the kadai with the lid, wait till the gravy reduce to half.
- Now mix rice flour in ½ glass of water and add this to the gravy to make the gravy thicker. Now switch off the stove.
Serve hot and garnish with cilantro.
- Ketti Kuzhambhu
Instead of sundried vegetables we can use fresh vegetables like brinjal, lady’s finger, drum stick, yellow pumpkin; radish can be used by frying the vegetables in oil. And then add tamarind extracts allow it to cook. No need to add toor dal.