- Chicken -125gms
- Bay Leaf -1 no
- Cloves -4nos
- Pepper Corns -6 nos
- Cinnamon -1/2”stick
- Butter -1tbsp
- Milk -1tbsp
- Sweet Corn
Tinned – 300gms
- Pepper Powder-1tsp
- Soya sauce -1tsp
- Corn flour -1tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Water -250ml
- Cilantro/ coriander-1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Spring Onions -1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Boil the water in a 1 lt medium dish with the whole spices and ½ tsp salt on 100% power for 2:30 mins.
- Add the Chicken pcs and microwave on 100%power for 3:00 mins. Stir once during the cooking. Cover with aluminum foil and allow standing for 5-7 min. Debone, discarding the bone and shred. Stain the stock.
- Heat the butter in a 1litre medium dish on 100% power for 20 seconds
- Add the chicken stock, milk, corn and shredded chicken. Mix and boil on 100% power for 4-6 min, till it starts to boil.
- Add Salt, pepper, soya sauce and corn flour dissolved in a little water. Mix well and microwave on 80% power of 3-5 mins, till thick. Sprinkle lemon juice if desired and serve hot.
Garnish with cilantro and spring onions
This Soup is an instant energy provider, Since Sweet corn is one of the main ingredients and also it is a very good source of antioxidants like Ferulic acid, vitamins, minerals and carbohydrates, which play an important role in good health. Ferulic Acid is Anti oxidant compound which is protects us from ageing, cardio vascular disease and cancer. And Chicken is a very good source of protein, which is rich in potassium and calcium. Thus making the Soup an healthy option and a good appetizer.