- Tur Dal -1cup
- Rice Flour- 1 tsp
- Tamarind – 1 ( New tmrd lemon size)
- Gingelly oil- 3 tbsp
- Mixed Vegetables- 1 cup (Potato, drum stick, cluster beans, brinjal, lady’s finger, carrot)
- Hing – 1pinch
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder a pinch
- Red Chilly – 6 nos
- Coriander Seeds- 1 ½ tsp
- Bengal Gram – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Fenugreek – ½ tsp
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Curry Leaves- 1 string
- Red Chilly – 10 no (make it two pcs)
- Green chili- 4nos (split)
- Cilantro/ coriander-1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- In a cooker, add the dal, turmeric powder and 1tbsp oil. Cook in a medium flame for 10-15 mins.
- In a pan heat the remaining oil add the seasonings when they crackle then add red chilies, green chilies and vegetables of your choice.
- Fry the vegetables till it is soft. Then add some water allow it to cook.
- Meanwhile fry and grind the ingredients with little water.
- Extract the tamarind pulp mix the ground masala with the pulp.
- Once the vegetables are cooked add the tamarind extract, mashed dal, salt and hing.
- Make the rice flour into a paste add it to the boiling sambar.
- Once Sambar starts to boil. Switch of the stove.
Serve hot and garnish with cilantro.