- Tur Dal – ½ cup
- Tamarind– 1lemon size (make thick extract with water)
- Salt to taste
- Rice flour – 1tbsp (make it a thick paste with water)
- Vegetables – 1cup (cut into medium-sized pcs and boiled)
- Coriander Seeds – 1 ½ tsp
- Channa Dal– 1 tsp
- Urid Dal – ¾ tsp
- Red Chillies – 6 nos
- Coconut – ½ cup grated
Fry all the items separately and grind it together.
- Cilantro/ coriander-1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Take a vessel mix all cooked dal, tamarind extract, masala and the boiled vegetables.
- Allow the mixture to boil.
- To thicken the gravy add the rice paste to the above gravy and allow it to boil for 5-10 mins.
- In a Kadai, add the Oil, and add the seasonings one by one allow it to splutter.
- Add the seasoning to the gravy.
- Close the kadai the lid. Now switch off the stove.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.
We can use fresh vegetables like brinjal, lady’s finger, drum stick, yellow pumpkin; radish can be used by frying the vegetables in oil. And then add tamarind extracts allow it to cook.
This Gravy is suitable for all age groups due to its high nutricious value and form a balanced Diet. It can consumed as a side dish mixed with rice and ghee, also for rotis, nan and chappathi’s.