Bay leaf-a small piece
Fennel seeds-1 teaspoon
Cilantros – 2tbsp
- Wash and cut the mutton into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a cooker, add the items for seasoning. Add ginger garlic paste and stir well.
- Now add the chopped onion fry it till translucent and then add tomatoes sauté well. Add the mutton pieces along with turmeric powder now and sauté for 5 minutes till water oozes out from the mutton.
- Now add the Masala powder and coriander powder. Mix well.
- Add 3 cups of water and the salt needed.
- Close the cooker. Keep in the medium flame. Cook for 12 – 15 minutes depending on the quality of mutton.
- Check for the consistency and taste. If required cook until the gravy is thick for another 5 – 10 minutes without closing the lid.
- Switch off the stove and add the lemon juice. The gravy can be garnished with coriander leaves.