Fried Shrimps are made with spicy batter and shrimps and deep fried it. It is a tasty dish which all the kids like to have. My husband also loved these fried shrimps. Try these deep fried shrimps it’s a great starter.
- Shrimps (Peeled and Deveined) – 1/2 lb
- Lemon Juice -1 tsp
- Oil – for deep frying
For the Batter
- Plain Flour/Maida – 2 cups
- Corn Flour – 1 tbsp
- Rice flour – 1 tbsp (This will help removing the stickiness from the batter)
- Ketchup/Tomato Sauce – 3 tbsp
- Soy Sauce – 1 tbsp
- Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
- Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
- Hot Chilli Sauce – 1 tsp (optional)
- Salt – to taste
- Water – as required
- Mix all the ingredients for the in idly batter consistency – neither thick nor thin.
- Clean and wash the shrimps thoroughly. Add a tsp of lemon juice to the shrimps and marinate for 5 minutes. This will help in eliminating any raw smell from the shrimps. Drain the water and keep it aside.
- Add the shrimps to the batter and refrigerate it for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep pan or kadai for deep frying.
- Add the battered shrimps one by one to the pan. Do not over crowd the pan.
- Allow the shrimps to deep fry thoroughly. Remove the shrimps from oil and spread it on paper towels.
- Continue frying the remaining battered shrimps in batches.
- Serve these steaming hot fried shrimps as appetizers or snacks.