- Cooked Rice – 2 cups
- Lemon – 2 nos
- Curry leaves 1 strand
- Mustard Seeds- ½ tsp
- Urad dal- 1 tsp
- Channa Dal- 1 tbsp
- Dried Red Chillies – 3-4 nos
- Hing a pinch
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tbsp
- Oil – 2-3 tbsp
- Peanuts- 3 tbsp( Roasted and Skin removed)
- Salt to taste
For preparing Lemon extract
Cut the lemon into two equal portions. Squeeze the lemon and take out the juice from it. Remove the seeds from it .Keep aside
- In a pan, heat the oil, add mustard seeds, red chilli flakes, and let it splutter. Now add channa dal, urid dal, curry leaves. Let the dals get roasted. But see to that you don’t over fry the dal.
- When it turns little brownish add three spoons of water and add turmeric powder. Allow it to boil till the raw smell reduces.
- Now add the lemon extract to the mixture and allow it to boil for 2-3mins. Add salt and hing. When the above liquid begins to boil. Switch off the stove.
- Take the cooked rice spread it in a wide bowl; add gingelly oil to the rice allow it to cool. Add lemon paste to the rice. Without breaking the rice, spread the paste evenly throughout the rice. If salt required you can add to it.
- Garnish with roasted peanut and mix well. Lemon Rice is ready to serve.