- Heat the non-stick appam pan on medium flame. Add 2 to 3 drops of oil and just grease the pan all over.
- Lower flame; pour a ladle full of batter or a little more than 1/4 cup of batter in the center of the pan.
- Lift the appam pan from the stove and twirl the batter in a clock wise direction so that the batter spreads out in a circular shape. While doing this, there will be more batter in the center than the sides.
- Keep back the pan on stove, break open the eggs and spread it across the appam, sprinkle salt and cover it with the lid and cook on low flame. Check after 2mins and if it is done, remove from pan, otherwise continue to cook with lid for a little while longer.
- The edges will be crisp and will slowly leave the sides of the pan. Use a flat wooden stick to lift the appam off the pan.
- Sprinkle little pepper and serve appams with vegetable or chicken stew or sweetened coconut milk