1. Peel the skin of the carrots and grate it using a hand grater.
2. Heat oil in a kadai, splutter the mustard seeds, urid dal and curry leaves.
3. Add chopped onion, garlic, green chillies and fry for a minute.
4. Add the grated carrot and required salt.
5. Cover it and simmer the stove, let it cook till the carrot is soft but not mushy.
6. Mix in between now and then. Remove from stove.
Add the tadka microwave for a minute, then; add carrots, onions, green chillies and required salt in a microwave safe bowl and micro cook for 5 minutes in full power. Toss everything once in between.