- Sour Butter Milk – ½ litre
- Green Chillies – 4-5 nos
- Vegetables – 1 cup (cut and boiled) optional
- Gingelly oil– 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
For Masala paste
- Cumin Seeds – ¼ tsp
- Tur Dal – ½ tsp
- Channa Dal – 1 tsp
- Raw Rice – ½ tsp
- Coconut – 1 cup (grated)
- Coriander seeds – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 strand
- Gingelly oil- ½ tbsp
- Hing – 1pinch
Soak the dals and rice for ½ hour. Roast other items one by one separately and wet grind it a mixer into a fine thick paste.
- Cilantro/ coriander-1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- In a Kadai, add Oil and seasonings one by one allow it to splutter.
- Meanwhile mix the masala paste, vegetables (optional), salt and sour churned butter milk.
- Add the mixture to the kadai.
- Simmer the stove close the kadai with the lid; add the curry leaves before the gravy starts to boil. Now switch off the stove.
Serve hot and garnish with cilantro.