Normally we follow strict fruit based diet during fasts. But if you cannot follow stict fast prepare food items without rice, onions and garlic. Black pepper is used for spice instead of Red Chilli.
- Fresh curd – 1cup
- Sweet Potato – 1 nos (boiled and chopped)
- Potato – 1 nos (boiled and chopped)
- Cucumber – 1nos (chopped)
- Coriander – 2tbsp (finely chopped)
- Green chilly – 1-2 nos (Finely chopped)
- Cumin seed – ½ tsp (powdered)
- Salt to taste
In a salad bowl, mix everything well and serve.
- Milk – 1cup
- Sugar – 1 ½ cup
- Rose petal fresh – ¼ cup
- Water – 1 ½ lt
- Almond – 1 tbsp
- Kharbooj seed – 1 tbsp
- Pepper corns – 1 tsp
- Khus khus – ½ tsp
- Saunf – ½ tsp
- Cardomom powder – 15 nos
- Rose water – ½ tbsp
- In a bowl, pour the ½ litre water and soak the sugar. Keep aside.
- Wash all dry ingredients. Soak these in 2 cups of water for two hours.
- Except sugar, grind all soaked ingredients to fine paste. Mix remaining water.
- Tie a strong muslin cloth over the rim of a large deep vessel and use this to strain the liquid.
- Pour the water, little by little, over the cloth to get the residue. Press through muslin with back of palms to extract the liquid into the vessel. Continue till you get a residue dry and husk-like.
- Add milk, sugar and rosewater to the extracted liquid. Serve chilled.
- Sabudana – 250 gms
- Coconut – 1 cup grated
- Green chilies – 5 nos
- Ground nuts – 50 gms
- Salt to taste
- Jeera – 2 tsp
- Soak sabudana in water for ½ hr.
- Fry groundnuts without oil and powder it.
- Grind coconut and green chilies together.
- Mix all the ingredients except jeera. Split jeera in a pan with oil.
- Put all the mixture and fry well. Serve with yogurt or coconut chutney.
Raw Banana cutlet
- Peel raw bananas and potatoes. Steam them in pressure cooker for about 5 minutes on low flame.
- Mash steamed bananas and potatoes.
- In a bowl add dry mango powder, salt and green chilies. Mix well.
- Make small flat rolls of the mixture. If the mixture sticks, apply little oil to hands.
- Dip the rolls in the Sooji. Heat oil in frying pan and shallow fry the rolls.