Drumstick or murungakai is one of the most typical country vegetable. Drumstick soups are considered as a good cure for any kind of chest congestions, sore throats and coughs. Just by taking the steam of boiling drumstick helps to cure asthma, wheezing and bronchitis. It shows positive effects in amenorrhea and reduction of weight. Being warm it cures impotency and digestive disorders such as anorexia and flatulence. Regular consumption of drumstick gives good source of calcium, iron and it is good for lactating mothers.
Drumsticks – 3 to 4 ( cut into pieces)
Toor Dal – ¼ cup
Onion – 1
Tomato -1 (chopped)
Ginger – Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
Green chilies – 3 nos
Oil – 2 tsp
Pepper powder-1 teaspoon
Cinamon-2 small pieces
Bay leaf-a small one
Curry leaf– 1 stigs
Fennel seed-1 tsp
Pepper corns-1 tsp
Cumin seed-1 tsp
1. In a kadai, Cook the drum stick pieces in 4 cups of water.
2. Once drumstick is cooked well, filter the pieces and keep the stock aside. Break the drumstick pieces and take the pulp out.
3. Cook the dal and keep it aside.
4. Finely chop the onions and tomato and Split the green chillies.
5. In a kadai, heat a little ghee or oil add seasoning.
6. Now add the onion, tomato, Ginger garlic paste and chili. Saute well .
7. Mix the dal with the stock and add this dal stock to the kadai.
8. Once this boils add the pulp taken from the drumstick pieces, turmeric powder and the salt needed also.
9. Allow the soup to boil for 5 to 6 minutes.
10. Before switching off the stove add pepper powder. Garnish with coriander leaves.