Starters are the all time favourites for my little one. Of which his all time favourite is Adhraki Prawn to make it nutritious, I always try out different types of dips. So that it balance both the nutrition and also the taste.
Prawns Jinga ¼ kg
Oil 3 tbsp
Ginger Paste 1tbsp
Green Chilli Paste 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Lemon Juice 2 tbsp
Chick Peas 1 cup ( Soaked and Boiled)
Onion 1 ( Finely Chopped and crushed)
Tomato 1 (Finely Chopped and crushed)
Red Chilli flakes 1 tsp
Lemon Juice 1 teaspoon
Salt To taste
- De-vein the Prawns. And wash it thoroughly to pat dry.
- Marinate the Prawns with Ginger- Green chilli paste, Salt and Lemon juice. Set aside for 15-20 mins.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Shallow Fry the Marinated Prawns for 3-4 mins in a medium flame. Do not overcook the Prawns. Remove it from the flame and keep it aside.
For Chatpata Sauce:
- Boil and Mash the Chick peas coarsely.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix to blend.
- Adhraki Prawns with Chatpata sauce is ready.
Prawns are very good source Protein, vitamins including Iodine a good source of omega 3 fatty acids and a great way to get iron, zinc and vitamin E. They are also low in saturated fats. Since prawns contain magnesium, which plays a role in bone development and nerve and muscle function; Zinc, which is good for growing bodies, and selenium, an important antioxidant. Omega 3 oils found in prawns assist in blood circulation by lowering blood fats and preventing blood clot formation. This aids blood circulation and researchers believe it reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke. Research also indicates the omega 3 oil acts as an anti-inflammatory agent and so may reduce the risk of a wide range of health problems, including asthma, pulmonary disease, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, psoriasis and inflammatory bowel disease. And as everybody knows Ginger is a best for digestion. It gives Gastro Intestinal relief. Thereby reducing Bacteria esp. E.coli induced diahhorea. It also helps to reduce the blood cholesterol level in adult.