Spinach -1 bundle (Finely chopped)
Corn -1 cup
Oil -2 tbsp
Cumin seeds -1 tbsp
Green cardamom-1 nos
Ginger -½ “piece
Garlic -4-5 flakes
Onions -2(Finely Chopped)
Green chilly -1 no (Split into two)
Garam masala -½ tsp
Tomatoes -2 (Finely chopped)
Dry fenugreek leaves-1 tbsp
Butter -1 tbsp
Red chili powder -½ tbsp
Salt -¾ tbsp
Sugar -¼ tbsp
Milk -¼ cup
- In a pan, add oil, cumin seeds, cardamom and fry well.
- Then add the ginger, garlic, onions and green chili fry it till its translucent.
- Now add coriander powder and garam masala to the mixture. Mix well. And fry for 3 minutes in a medium flame.
- Add tomatoes and dry fenugreek leaves to the onion mixture. Mix well till the tomatoes get cooked.
- Add spinach leaves. Fry it for 8 minutes. Let it cool. Blend everything with ½ cup water.
- Add 1 tbsp butter in a kadai when butter starts to melt, transfer the ground puree to the pan.
- Now add red chili powder, tinned corn, salt, sugar, milk and water. Close with a lid
- Simmer the stove. Wait for another 10 minutes.
Garnish with some fresh cream. The Palak Makai is ready to serve.
Spinach is wonderful green leafy vegetable spinach is often recognized as one of the functional food for its nutritional, antioxidants vitamins like vitamin A, vitamin C; and flavenoid poly phenolic antioxidants such as lutein, zea-xanthinand beta-carotene and anti-cancer constituents. Spinach it has many phyto-nutrients that have health promotional and disease prevention properties. It has high very low in calories and fats. It contains good amount of soluble dietary fiber; no wonder greeny spinach is one of the vegetable source recommended in cholesterol controlling and weight reduction programs. Iron is an important trace element required by the body for red blood cell production and as a co-factor for oxidation-reduction enzymes cytochrome-oxidases during the cellular metabolism. Sweet corn is packed with antioxidants like Ferulic acid, vitamins, minerals and carbohydrates that play an important role in good health. Ferulic Acid is Anti oxidant compound which is protects us from ageing, cardio vascular disease and cancer.