Green peas – 1 cup (fresh peas)
Onion – 1 cup (chopped)
Tomato -3/4 cup chopped
Ginger -1 inch piece
Garlic -4 cloves
Green chilli – 1
Salt as required
Butter/Oil -1 tbsp
Turmeric powder – a pinch
Chilli powder -1 tsp
Coriander powder -2 tsp
Garam masala – 1 tsp
Cumin/ Jeera seeds – 1 tsp
1. Heat oil / butter, fry onions until it becomes golden brown.
2. Add ginger, garlic and green chilli and saute for a few more minutes.
3. Add tomatoes and cook till tomatoes turn mushy.
4. Cool it and grind it to a fine paste.
5. Heat oil in a pan or pressure pan, add jeera seeds, when it splutters, add the ground paste and all the powders saute for a few minutes.
6. Add green peas, 1 cup of water, salt and pressure cook for 2 whistles. Mix well and garnish with coriander leaves.