- Potatoes-3 Medium sized (Boiled and Mashed)
- Peas – ½ cup
- Carrots -2 (peeled and chopped)
- Cauliflower- 1 ½ cups (chopped)
- Cabbage – ½cup (chopped)
- Capsicum – ½ cup (chopped)
- Oil -3 tbsp,
- Butter – 3 tbsp
- Onions -2 (chopped finely)
- Ginger-garlic paste-1 ½ tbsp
- Pav bhaji masala – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp
- Salt -1 tbsp
- Tomato puree – ½ cup
- Pav Bun – 3 pcs
- Butter -1tbsp
- Coriander -1 tbsp (chopped)
1. Wash potatoes and boil it in the pressure cooker. Peel the skin and mash coarsely.
2. In the same way, boil the carrot, peas, cauliflower, cabbage and capsicum. Mash the vegetables.
3. In the pan, put oil, onions, ginger-garlic paste, pav bhaji masala and turmeric powder. Mix well and cook for 2 mins.
4. Add tomato puree, mashed vegetables, potatoes, butter and salt. Add 1 cup of water. Keep mashing once in between and cook for another 10 mins. Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves. Bhaji is ready.
For Making Pav:
Readymade pav are available in the market. Get the Pav and add 2 tbsp of butter in the pan and toast the pav. Pav is ready. Pav bhaji is ready to serve.
Pav Bhaji is one dish were all the vegetables are mashed so kids will not be able to eliminate any vegetables. Since Bhaji is a combo of all vegetables it has got all nutrients like carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins, dietary fibres and antioxidants which are vital for all age groups esp. growing children’s.