- Capsicum -1 no (Diced)
- Baby Corn -1/2 cup
- Broccoli Florets- ½ cup
- Carrots -1 no (Diced)
- Onions -1 no (Diced)
- Tomato Puree-1tbsp
- Sugar -1tsp
- Pepper Powder-1tsp
- Vinegar -1tsp
- Corn flour -2tsp
- Oil -1tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Water -250ml
- Spring Onions -1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Cilantro -1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Heat the oil in a 1 lt medium dish on 100% power for 40 secs.
- Add the tomato puree and water. Mix well and microwave on 100%power for 3:00 mins. Stir once during the cooking.
- Add the vegetables, salt and pepper. Mix well. Cover and microwave on 100% power for 2:00mins. Add sugar and vinegar.
- Dissolve corn flour in a little water and add it to the vegetables. Mix and microwave on 80% power for 2:30 mins, till it is thick.
- Allow it to stand for 5mins and Serve hot.
Garnish with cilantro and spring onions
Sweet and Sour Vegetables is a low calorie side dish with a calorie value of 67.9. This Dish is rich in carotenes, vitamin A, B complex, C and Folic acid. Since it’s a combo of many vegetables it’s very good for the growing children’s. It goes well with Chinese noodles, fried rice and breads.