- Mutton – ½ kg (Fine Minced)
- Onions -1 no (Finely Chopped)
- Tomato Puree -1 ½ tbsp
- Red Chili Powder- 1tsp
- Garam Masala Powder-1tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1tsp
- Green Chilies -2tsp (Finely Chopped)
- Garlic -1tsp (Finely Chopped)
- Shelled Peas -100gms
- Cumin Seeds -1/2 tsp
- Oil -2tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Water -1cup
- Potatoes – ½ kg (Boiled and mashed)
- Cheese -1 tbsp (Grated)
- Egg Yolk -1
- Butter -1 tbsp
- Milk -1/2 cup
- Heat the oil in a 1.5 lt dish on 100% power for 1:00 min.
- Add the Cumin seeds, chopped garlic microwave on 100%power for 40 secs.
- Add the onions and microwave on 100% power for 6:00mins. Stir twice during cooking.
- Now add salt, red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, water and tomato puree. Mix well and microwave at 100% power for 3:00 mins. Stir once, during cooking.
- Finally, add the minced mutton, green chilies and peas. Mix and microwave on 60% power for 3-4mins, Stir once during cooking.
- Allow it to stand, cover it with aluminum foil, for 10-15 mins.
For the topping:
- Mix the mashed potatoes, cheese, egg yolk and milk, until smooth and free from lumps.
- Pipe this topping over the minced meat mixture.
- Place under the grill for 15-20 mins, till golden brown. Serve hot.
Shepherd’s Pie has a calorie value of 298. This dish has two main ingredients; one is Mutton which is rich in Niacin, Protein, Iron, zinc, Vitamin B-12 and Selenium. Proteins are important to build muscle mass and Protein with minerals like zinc and phosphorus build strong immune system and vitamin B-12 helps in producing red blood corpuscles. And the other one is Potatoes on other side is a good source of dietary fibers, with micronutrients, vitamin-c helps in iron absorption. It’s very good dish for the growing children’s. It goes well with Indian breads and puris.