- Potatoes – ½ kg (6 medium)
- Peas – ½ cup
- Oil -1 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tbsp
- Cumin powder – 1 ½ tbsp
- Ginger – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Green chillies – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves- 2 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – ½ tbsp
- Chat masala – 1 tbsp
- Garam masala -1/4 tbsp
1. Wash and put wet potatoes in a micro safe steamer. Microwave covered for 5 minutes. Cool.
2. In a micro proof dish, add peas and microwave for 5 minutes. Add oil, peas, salt, cumin powder, chopped green chillies, ginger, red chilli powder and coriander leaves, chat masala and garam masala. Make tikkis of 3″ diameter.
3. Brush the non stick tawa of the microwave with some oil. Arrange tikkis on it. Brush the tikkis with oil. Place the tawa on a high rack. Grill for 10 minutes. Turn sides and grill for 4 minutes.
Aloo tikki is a very quick and healthy recipe. Potatoes and peas are very good source of carbohydrates, micronutrients and also rich proteins, vitamins, fibres and minerals like potassium. This best snack for Growing children’s and taste good with Channa masala.