- Chole – 1 Cup
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli – 2 flakes
- Coconut – 3 tsp(grated) OPTIONAL
- Curry leaves – few
- Raw mango – 3 tsp (optional)
- Soak the Chole in water overnight minimum of 6-7 hrs. If your preparing for prasadam then morning soak it in hot water in a casserole for 2-3 hrs. Cooking soda can be added for faster result but better to avoid.
- Pressure cook the chole with ½ the salt required in a medium flame. Allow 3- 4 whistles
- Heat the oil in a pan, add mustard seeds. Once the mustard seeds starts to sputter, then add curry leaves, broken red chilli, balance salt and cooked chole. Mix it well
- Switch of the stove
- Garnish when hot either with grated coconut or mango and mix thoroughly. Serve hot.