Ghee – 1/2 cup
- In a bowl, mix the rava and coconut, cover and keep aside for about ½ hour to 2 hours.
- In a pan, heat the ghee on a medium flame. After it melts, add the rava-coconut mixture, reduce the flame and roast it.
- Wait until the rava turns golden and flabby. Make sure not to overcook the rava by continuously stirring it on low flame.
- Transfer the contents to a plate and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Add sugar and water and stir on medium flame until the sugar melts. Lower the heat after the sugar melts, add the saffron strands and cook until the syrup reaches one string consistency.
- After the syrup reaches single thread consistency, turn off the flame add the cardamom, cashews and raisins and the rava mixture.
- Mix well, cover and keep aside for 20 minutes to half an hour.
- When the mixture is warm, Make into laddoos with help of your palms. Store in an air tight container.