- Rice flour -2 cups (We can use readymade rice flour which is available in the market sifted well)
- Urid dal flour -2 tsp.
- Melted butter -2 tsp.
- Jeera -1 tsp
- Asafoetida powder- 1/4-1/2 tsp approx
- Salt – 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp or as per taste)
Prepare Urid Dal powder
- Take the lentils – make sure it is stone/debris free and dry roast in a Pan for 5- 10 minutes, till it turns golden brown and till an excellent aroma comes
- Cool the fried mixture and grind them in a mixer to fine powder.
1. Thoroughly mix all the above ingredients in a bowl.
2. Adding water little by little, form stiff dough.
4. Take a plastic sheet lightly brushed oil/butter. Take a small amount of dough and fill in the maker.
5. Press the dough onto the plastic sheet and you will find the dough coming out shaped as per the one star attachment. Slightly rotate the maker round and round until you make a circle make as many spirals as you wish.
6. Remove the murukku from the cover and then drop it into the hot oil.
7. Fry the murukku till it turns half white and remove it from the oil.
Murukku is ready to serve.
Note: If you find it difficult to remove it from the plastic, the other way of doing this is, do the spiral on the long stem spoon where there is flat surface and just put it on to the hot oil from it. This is most easy way.