Gram Flour -1 1/4 cup
Maida – 1 1/4 cup
Ghee – 250 gms
Sugar – 2 1/2 cups
Water – 1 1/2 cup
Milk – 2 tbsp
Cardamom – 1/2 tsp (seeds crushed coarsely)
Polythene sheet 4”X 4”
1. Sift both flours together.
2. Heat ghee in a heavy pan. Add flour mixture and roast on low flame till
light golden colour. Keep aside to cool a little, stirring occasionally.
3. Make syrup out of sugar simultaneously, using water and milk. Bring syrup to
2 1/2 thread consistency.
4. Pour it on the flour mixture. Beat well with a large fork till the mixture
forms thread like flakes.
5. Pour onto a greased surface and roll it to 1″ thickness lightly.
Sprinkle the Elaichi and gently press down with palm.
6. Cool, cut into 1″ squares, wrap individually into square pieces of thin
plastic sheet. Store in an airtight container.