- Semiya – 1cup
- Milk – 1 litre
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Kewra Essence – ½ tsp
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Cardamom – 2 crushed
- Cashews – 2-3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Raisins – 1 tsp
- In a heavy bottomed pan, heat the milk till it reduces to ½ litre.
- In a non stick pan, add half the ghee fry the semiya to golden brown.
- Add the semiya and crushed cardamom to the reduced milk. Cook for 5-10 mins in slow fire.
- Once the vermicelli is cooked add sugar wait for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile in another pan add the balance ghee, roast the cashews and raisins.
- Garnish the payasam with the roasted raisin cashew mixture.
Semiya Payasam can be consumed either hot or cold. But for me it tastes better when chilled.