Lime juice -1/2 cup
Pinch of salt
Ripe mangoes- 4 lb
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Cream -1/2 cup
- Peel the mangoes and cut into pieces then puree in an electric blender with the lime juice, being careful not to over -blend.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Dissolve the gelatin in 1/4 cup hot water, cool, and stir into the mango puree.
- Beat the egg whites with the salt for 3 minutes.
- Whip the cram until it is stiff.
- Fold the cream into the egg whites, then fold this mixture gently into the mango puree.
- Pour into a big size serving dish, or into individual dishes, and chill in a freezer for 2 to 3 hours, or until set.