Crab soup is one of the healthy soup that is a natural source of omega-3 fatty acids, which can help to improve memory, decrease the chances of having a heart attack, decrease risk of cancer, and possibly help to improve depression and anxiety. Crab is also low in fat and they provide high quality protein. Crab is also a good source of vitamins A, C and the B vitamins including B12, and minerals like zinc and copper.
- Crab meat – 3 cups ( cleaned and cartilage removed)
- Flour – ½ cup (Maida or corn)
- Curry powder – ½ tbsp
- Milk – 4 cups
- Butter – ½ cup
- Parsley – 2 tbsp (cut into pieces)
- Seafood seasoning – 1 to 2 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tbsp
- In a pan melt the butter and stir in the flour, seafood seasoning, salt and curry powder and cook until it is thick.
- Add milk and do not allow it to boil, cook until the mixture is hot.
- Add crab and parsley to the soup; cook and stir just until crab is cooked for about 8 minutes. Add milk if necessary.
- Garnish with parsley and serve hot.