Ada prathaman is one of the Malayali‘s favorite Kheer. This is a rich and exotic dessert recipe a Perfect accompaniment for dal boli we also call it as Boli Payasam. When I wanted to post this in my blog, coincidentally, my hubby also asked me to make this for the third day of Onam. So I made this and this recipe is so simple and easy to make have try…
Ada – 1/2 cup
Jaggery – 250 gms
Ghee – 2-3 tsp
3rd coconut milk – 2 cups
2nd coconut milk – 1 3/4 cups
1st coconut milk – 1 1/4cup
Coconut pieces – 1-2 tbsp
Cashew nut – a handful
Cardamom – 2-3 crushed
1. Cook the ada in 2-3 cups of boiling water, close until it becomes soft. Strain the ada and wash it with cold water.
2. In a heavy bottomed vessel add crushed jaggery mix with 3 tbsp of water & allow it to melt. Strain the jaggery.
3. Combine melted jaggery with cooked ada & 2 tsp of ghee. Cook on low – medium flame till the mixture becomes thick and start separating from the pan.
4. Add 3rd and 2nd coconut milk in sequence. Cook on medium -low flame and stir in between. When the coconut milk reduce to half the quantity, add the 1st coconut milk and stir well. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
5. After adding the 1st coconut milk, do not cook for a long time.
6. Add crushed cardamoms, before removing from the stove.
7. Heat a 1 tbsp of ghee in a pan & fry the coconut slices & cashew nuts. Garnish and Serve hot Prathaman topped over hot Boli…