- Surmai Fish – 800 g ( cut into pieces)
- Cumin seeds – 2 tbsp
- Coriander seeds – 2 tbsp
- Dry red chillies -6
- Coconut – 1 1 /2 cup ( grated)
- Garlic – 12 (chopped)
- Ginger – 3 inch piece
- Tamarind pulp – 4 tbsp
- Onion – 1 (chopped)
- Green chillies – 2 (slit)
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Oil – 5 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tbsp ( required)
- Corinader leaves – 3 sticks (chopped)
- Curry leaves – 5
Preparing the paste
Make a paste of cumin seeds, coriander seeds, dry red chillies, grated coconut, garlic, ginger with little water grind it to a thicker consistency. To the paste add little tamarind pulp and marinate the fish with required amount of paste for 30 minutes and keep the leftover.
- In a pan, sauté the chopped onion till it turns golden and add the green chillies and curry leaves and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining paste and add 2 cups of water and bring it to boil.
- When the gravy comes to medium thick consistency, add the fish and salt to taste. Let the fish get cooked and simmer the stove for 5 minutes. Sprinkle the coriander leaves and switch off.
Goan fish curry goes well with rice and papad, it brings out the taste of tangy and its spicy .Its a excellent mix of coconut and tamarind curry. Enjoy the taste of this curry by choosing the right fish.
You Might also like: