Nowadays, Obesity and overweight has become a universal problem and one of the greatest health concerns. Besides feeling uncomfortable and demoralizing, obesity is a serious health hazard. The reasons for Obesity are mainly due to hereditary, Post natal and lifestyle changes like opting for more for junk foods. Sometimes even lack of calcium and iron can also lead to obesity. Obesity increases the risk of many diseases and related health conditions like.,
- Heart diseases
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Damaged liver and gall bladder
- Sleep apnea and respiratory problems.
- Abnormal menstrual cycle and PCOS associated with infertility
Some of the disease mostly doesn’t show any symptoms unless and until it gets worsened
Below are the basic asanas which you can start doing in the initial phase to controlling obesity, these asanas will make you and your body energetic and flexible
- Stand with your feet apart
- Clasp your hands behind you.
- Bend your left leg and exhaling bend forward to touch the left knee with your nose.
- Inhaling, straighten up.
- Do the same thing with your right leg.
Repeat the asana ten times.
- Stand with your feet apart and your arms extended to the sides.
- Exhaling and bending the left leg, bend to the left side and touch your foot with your left hand while turning your face up to look at the ceiling.
- Bring the right arm down to a horizontal position.
- Inhaling, return to the starting position and repeat with the right side to complete a round.
Repeat the same for 10 times.
- Sit in padmasana or sukhansana with your hands on your knees in Gyanmudra. Fold back your tongue.
- Contract the throat and breathe deeply, it should produce a mild snoring sound.
Repeat the same for twenty seven times.
With the above asanas try to make smaller changes in your diet and also try to build your own personal diet chart. By this way, of small lifestyle changes and proper yoga practice we can fight Obesity easily. In upcoming week let’s also discuss the Asanas in advanced level, this can be practiced once you feel that your body has become flexible and ready to move on to next phase of weight reduction. If you feel any difficulty in performing always take a help of good yoga practitioner.
You Might also Like: